ARAIM system study
The objective of the activity was to obtain a better understanding on the capabilities of an ARAIM (Advanced Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring) system as a mean to provide integrity to the aviation community.
The main activity consisted on the elaboration of the:
- ARAIM consolidated mission requirements as required by the aviation community
- ARAIM High-Level Architectures providing the functional analysis for the different ARAIM concepts
- ARAIM system requirements for the implementation of a future ARAIM system
- ARAIM Algorithms, Performance and Avionics Compliance corresponding to the identification of feared events, protection mechanisms against such feared events, the algorithms definitions and description, as well as, a discussion on the compliance
- ARAIM ISM dimensioning comprising the ISM requirements and the ICD document.
- Concepts Compliance, Performance & Trade-off analysis
- ARAIM Physical Architecture
- The planning and experimentation ideas
ARAIM is considered a potential future alternative to SBAS in providing APV-I or LPV-200 services.